Monday, October 11, 2010

Brink - Something wicked this way comes

While browsing Youtube for more Fallout: New Vegas videos I happened upon a trailer for another game being produced by Bethesda, Brink. I had seen the videos in the list but never really watched them till today. How is it I can become so enthralled with a game just by watching some game play? Granted Brink is not due out until next year but already I am salivating for more. In fact, I have not been this jazzed about a shooter for quite a while. Oh sure, I enjoy the Call of Duty franchise as much as the next guy but it never really amazed me after Call of Duty 2 (modern warfare 1 was good but I never played it as much as Call of Duty 2 for the PC). After watching the trailer and the developer diaries for Brink however I am already dusting off my 1800 DPI setting and getting my fingers ready for more hawt WASD action.

Some things I can gather from just the trailer and the dev diary videos;

  • Brink is set in 2045
  • The global ice caps have melted and humanity is crammed onto some type of floating platform mega city called "The Ark".
  • There are supplies for 5,000 people, however 50,000 now live aboard the "Ark"
  • The game has a heavy Parkour influence found in the ways you move through the world.
  • Character Customization seems on par with decent RPG's
  •  At least 3 factions to join, the wealthy, the poor or the police. 
  • One character to play single player or multi-player with.
Here is the cinematic trailer for Brink, check out Bethesda's Youtube channel for the other videos including some really interesting stuff on designing the game and moving through the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment