Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An update from the land of the lost

I have been so busy moving this last month I feel like I have completely lost touch with all things gaming... Call of Duty : Black OPS has launched, Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed, un-delayed, delayed again and apparently someone started playing it already... Where does time go?

Thankfully though the man cave has been semi setup in the new house and I can get back to gaming. Fallout New Vegas launched entering the world with a ton of bugs complete with horrible performance even on new machines. Thankfully though a patch released last night through Steam has made it so I can start playing. Normally I would have been irrate over not being able to play a game I purchased but with everything moving entails it was pushed to the back burner.

In the process of moving I picked up a couple more casual centric games on Steam, Plants VS Zombies was on sale during halloween so I grabbed that. I also indulged myself in one of the best tower defense games available at the moment, Defense Grid: The Awakening. Both games were able to satisfy my need for gaming while allowing me to focus on getting everything from one location to the other without losing my mind, or worse one of the kids!

I tried to stay as current as I could during this time keeping up with my RSS feeds, forums and news sites. One little gem I found was a game called FireFall due out in 2011. The game developers call it a "Persistant world shooter" in my opinion you could call it a MMOFPS and be dead on the money. Either way it looks gorgeous and I cannot wait to try it out! Here is the 2010 PAX Video complete with Developer Commentary.




Devloped by r5Studios you can sign up for beta and join in the forums here;
FireFall

Hopefully I will have some posts up about my thoughts on Fallout New Vegas and Black OPS (Wii Version) soon, stay gamed!

1 comment: