Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GagaVille - Facebook's Newest Bad Romance

Click here to read GagaVille, the Most Monstrous <em>FarmVille</em> Update Yet

Yes, I admit it. I was hooked on Zynga's Farmville late last year. Somewhere between updating my status and checking out a friends new picture I ended up plowing and planting my first field. The next thing I know 6 months went by and I was 2 sizes bigger with near on 3,000 Facebook friends. (But man did I have a pimpy looking Oriental Themed Farm ^_^ ) As halloween drew nearer though I slowly started to find emptiness in Farmville, honestly why was I playing it? If I wanted a sim experience there are a dozen Sim games out there I could be playing. Was it because of all the friends? I did end up with quite a few Facebook Friends because of Farmville, was I attached to them?

No, in the end I realized I was simply addicted to the plow- harvest- seed routine. So I blocked Farmville and moved on. While I knew the game would maintain it's popularity for a long time I never expected it to sink to such low depths. Apparently not content with zombiefing the populace Zynga has teamed up with current pop sensation Lady Gaga to create what I would like to refer to as "The Black Hole of Gaming".



~Kotaku
GagaVille itself is a bit of a let down. It's just a neighboring farm with a few silly things to click. But for FarmVille regulars, the update brings new items, crops, and decorations-and a chance to listen to tracks from Lady Gaga's upcoming album before anyone else. It's insidious, brilliant pablum. More »

1 comment:

  1. Farmville is more exciting everyday!!!
    Get Farmville news here http://www.farmvillescoop.com

    ReplyDelete