Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What have I been missing all this time? [Daily Thoughts]

I always thought of myself as a knowledgeable computer gamer. One who stays in the loop and knows which games are worth my time and which ones I should just black list. The only reason I can come up with for not playing Team Fortress 2 before now is that my PC could not run it well enough.

That all changed a couple weeks ago when I finished my new computer and started looking for a new shooter to play. All of the current ones seem lack luster to me though, Black OPS is basically just Modern Warfare 3, Homefront looked ok on paper but I want to wait for the reviews to start pouring in and FireFall is still months away. Then I noticed a friend on Steam playing TF2 and thought, hey! That is a really popular game lets check it out.

According to my log in Steam I have played this game for over 20 hours in the last week. (Which is a lot considering I have a job, wife and 2 kids that eat into my gaming time) I just cannot seem to stop playing for some strange reason. The game feels fun, balanced and has all the elements of a great shooter. Team play, objectives, and most importantly a big Russian guy with an even bigger gun!

If you are one of the other 10 people on this planet who have not tried Team Fortress 2, go! go now and download this game.

Any game with a kill screen that looks like this is doing everything right!

No comments:

Post a Comment